Caring for our Leather
Our Lorenzo Leather (Also known as Saddle Leather or Crazy Horse Leather) is extremely strong and durable with a luxurious appearance. It is made by infusing special oils and waxes into the leather during the tanning process, giving the leather a luxurious soft and creamy feel. The wax enhances the leather fibers, and thus when the leather is scratched or rubbed, the natural color changes in shade giving a unique patina and "vintage" appearance over time. These effects are less apparent in black Lorenzo Leather but will still occur. Full Grain leather is the highest quality of leather available and therefore, with proper care, you can expect your SOFTLI leather goods to last many years. Here are some Crazy Horse Leather care tips to help you achieve this:
- While Crazy Horse Leather can withstand all weathers, we recommend that you do your best to avoid getting your bag wet. If your bag does get wet, you will want to wipe it down with a dry cloth. DO NOT store a wet bag, as this can cause mold or mildew to grow. DO NOT apply external heat sources (hairdryer, heater, etc.) to dry your bag or this can cause the leather to harden and crack.
- Do your best to avoid leaving your bag in direct sunlight for extended periods of time. Long periods of sun exposure can lead to discoloration of the leather
- To help with the durability and longevity of your bag you can treat it with a leather balm/cream. This should also be done if your bag is beginning to look dry or is fading in color. Be sure to read the instructions, however, typically you will apply the balm or cream to a towel and then gently rub in a circular motion over the whole surface of the bag. A thin even layer is recommended.
- If a liquid substance gets spilled onto the bag, use a damp cloth to clean it. DO NOT use cleaners or sprays. This can cause the leather to become discolored.
- Lorenzo Leather is designed to develop a vintage look over time. Therefore, you will start to notices scratches, scuffs, and other marks as you continue to use the bag. If you would like to get rid of a scratch, rub your finger in a circular motion over the scratch to help spread the oils/wax coating on it. This will help darken the scratch, reverting it back toward its original color. If this does not solve the problem, you will need to apply leather balm/cream to the bag. Please see steps above on how to do so.
- We do not anticipate the following to take place; However, It is possible for small amounts of dye and/or wax from the leather to rub off onto garments and clothing. If this does occur, remove by washing the garments/clothing normally. To ensure this does not happen again, take a damp cloth and gently rub the different areas of the leather where you believe the dye/wax came from.
- Our leather can be stiff/firm at first. This leather will continue soften up with use! In regards to the SOFTLI Leather Backpack, please note that the leather flap covering the zipper to the main compartment will loosen up with use as well.
For any other questions or concerns, please email us at email@example.com
Caring for our Watches
Here are a few care instructions to ensure you keep your watch working properly and looking great.
- To clean your watch, rub with a dry or damp cloth. Use water only if wetting a cloth.
- Each watch is water resistant up to 5 ATM. DO NOT exceed the water rating on your timepiece.
- Avoid extremely hot & cold temperatures as well as having your watch in direct sunlight for long periods of time, as this can negatively affect the performance and look of your timepiece.
- We recommend servicing your watch every 18-24 months to ensure optimal performance and longevity.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to adjust your mesh band: Click here
Please use the tool provided to you in the watch box to assist you in adjusting the band.
How to remove/switch Quick Release Bands: Click here
Each of our leather watch straps are carefully crafted from Italian Full Grain Leather, which means little care is needed in order to keep these watch straps in great condition. However, normal wear and tear should be expected with use. There is no need to clean your strap frequently, but in the case of spills or scratches please see the instructions below:
- To clean your leather bands from any spills or unwanted substance, use mild soap & water and rub with a damp cloth.
- To clean your stainless steel mesh bands from any spills or unwanted substance, use soap & water and gently scrub with a toothbrush.
- To remove any unwanted scratches on the leather bands, feel free to use a leather polish or cream and rub around the area with a sponge.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com